I was able to complete my beta game faster then I thought, so now it is ready to be tested by others.
The name I have chosen for the puzzle/game is Light Knight. Though I might change it in the future, I based the name on the movement of each player and the effect of lighting up empty spaces.
The rules to this game are pretty simple and they are the following.
- Two players will start on either side of the board
- Each player has a color, Player 1 is Red and Player 2 is Blue
- Each player will move in turns, starting with Player 1
- The player is only able to move in the shape of an “L” meaning one space over and two spaces away. This is the same movement as a Knight in Chess
- After the player moves, that player color will spread out in all ll vertical, horizontal and diagonal directions
- If the players color comes in contact with a color space of the opposing player, that one color space is taken and the color stops
- The spot in which the player is located can not be changed
- To move enter the X,Y coordinates starting with X then Y
- Win the game by controlling the majority of the board in the amount of turns provided
Here is some images of the game.
Download the File:
This is a Beta game, as I feel there can be improvements made, so please let me know what you liked, disliked and if you find any bugs as I’m sure I didn’t get them all, Thanks!
Forgot to say, but windows only 🙂
Find the source code at: https://github.com/M-tech-Creations